How to invoke and find the megalodon in Sea of Thieves
A terrible beast to find in the free waters of Mer of thieves is the Megalodon. It’s a much larger massive shark than the vessels on which you browse in the game. These creatures are hard to eliminate, but you can overcome them. While some players have noticed to overcome them on one ship, by themselves, most of the time, you will want to fight them with a complete crew.
Those seeking to invoke a Megalodon will not have such a chance. Finding a megalodon in the game is a question of luck and exploring the sea. You will not find it near the outposts, maritime ports or ships wrecks, so be sure to stay away from these places. You can only find it in the middle of the ocean. You will know when you are about to have a Megalodon meeting based on the music that is played in the game, and shortly after reading music, the massive shark will appear.
There are five different variants of a megalodon.
- The Hungering One: It’s the most common megalodons. It has a blue high, a white background and green eyes.
- The Crested Queen: It’s a little more difficult to find in the game. He has a dark purple high, a white background and purple eyes.
- The Ancient Terror: This is a moderately rare version. It has a dark gray color of scales, yellow fins and eyes.
- The ShadowMaw: This is a rare version of the monster and distinctly different. It has a black jet body, with a fin and red eyes.
- The Shreded Ghost: This is the rarest version of megalodons. It has a sickly white body, with fins and pink eyes.
These are the coloring and the distinct names of the creatures. Each meeting with one, while the same color may vary in terms of behavior and appearance, such as different scars and scratches that adorn its body. Some may even act more passively or aggressively. You will not know as long as you will not know that a megalodon appeared near your ship.
By beating a megalodon, you will receive three to 12 pieces of treasure, four pieces of megalodon meat, and will give a massive boost to your emissory of the commercial company if you are currently on one side of them at the moment where you shoot the creature. You can avoid a meeting with Megalodon by navigating near an outpost, a maritime port or an island or visiting a sinking.
The difficulty of a Megalodon comes from the type of ship you use, not the number of teammates you have with you. If you want a fight easier against this creature, you may want to take a smaller ship, such as sloop or brigantine, rather than using a full group to fight on a gallion.